facilitate the recruitment of new umpires and to help retain
existing umpires, the A's Baseball Zone will do the following:
- Similarly to coaches in the A's zone, the zone will pay
for any certification that is required to be an umpire.
This includes new umpires and returning umpires. The
umpire must provide receipts at the end of the year and
proof that at least 10 games have been umpired during the
season in question.
- For zone players who have registered as new umpires, the
A's zone will pay for any umpire equipment that is required
and not already supplied by the zone umpires association.
- For new umpires, the A's zone will reimburse full
baseball registration fees in the zone upon proof of
umpiring at least 10 games over the course of the season.
- For returning umpires, the A's zone will reimburse 1/2
of baseball registration fees upon proof of umpiring at
least 10 games over the course of the season.
- This policy will carry through for the next year but the
A's executive reserves the right to modify or change number
of games required or amount of reimbursement.
- All fees and costs must be paid up front by the umpire
and at the end of the season the umpire must provide
receipts and proof that at least 10 games have been umpired
during the season in question. Upon proof of games
umpired (signed letter from umpire association will do) all
costs incurred for certification and equipment, plus the
appropriate portion of A's zone
baseball registration fees, will be reimbursed.